Hi all golf lovers and Happy New Year!
We´re back now with our super blog, full of news on Golf and Health and today I would like to give you some advice on how to defend yourself to the max against the plummeting temperatures in January, the possible resulting coughs and colds and how not to miss even one day´s golf!
Firstly, to boost our immune system, we should ensure we eat plenty of seasonal fresh produce, rich in nutrients and which will help us to keep our defences strong.
Below is a list of the most common seasonal produce available this month:
– All types of cabbage (antioxidant and cancer-fighting)
– Leeks (detox vegetable)
– Carrots (fights free-radicals in the blood)
– Artichokes (liver-cleansing)
– Potatoes (protects the stomach)
– Lettuce, spinach (cleansing, rich in minerals)
– Pulses (vegetable protein and fibre)
– Citrus fruits and Kiwis (Vitamin C)
– Bananas (Rich in potassium
– Apples (Cleansing and digestive aid)
– Dried Fruits (Vegetable fibre and protein)
So, get to it and make a shopping list for cooking soups, broths, stews and juices for breakfast to give you the best start to your day!
If you have low energy levels, this will help strengthen your system and give you the nutrition your body needs to protect itself.
Feel better, play better!
Best regards and happy golfing.