To support and contribute even more this great sport, this project was consolidated based in the prevention and healing of the injuries that are caused by the golf swing, analyzing the player from a medical, physical and golfing point of view. After each check up, the team meets up in order to prepare a detailed report so anyone can keep playing with our healthy recommendations.
The spine, axis of the body, has to combine two contradictory parameters: rigidity and elasticity; the first one is in charge of the bone structure and the second is in charge of muscle system (active) and ligaments/joints (passive).
Moreover, in addition to this role, it fulfills an important task in protecting the central nervous system (spinal cord); any injury/anomaly in charge of this structure could lead to hernias, protrusions, sciatica, etc.
The effort of compression that the spinal discs have to go through increases proportionally; pressure was the least at cervical level and the highest in sacrum. If you realize in the sacrum area (L5-S1) the straight spine has to support 2/3 of the total body weight. This pressure is significantly increased during bending and rotation movement (traditional swing) with a damage risk at an intervertebral disc level.
- ELBOW: Using lightweight and flexible material, the vibrations that normally stress the elbow joint are significantly reduced.
- SHOULDERS: The fragile joints and the muscles aren’t damaged due to the slow ending, letting the golf club do the work. Consequently, the grip is relaxed, avoiding discomforts such as golfer’s elbow and other tendinitis.
- BACK: Due to upright position and a central pivot, flection and torsion during swing aren’t connected, causing protrusions, hernias… Moreover using the golf club as a whip , we will distribute the work which was previously done by the body.
- HIPS: Thanks to the central pivot the weight is distributed and there is no significant change on the weight, consequently stressing the sacroiliac joint. We are not longer aggressive “passing the hip” because the golf club gets a fundamental role in the hit, which was previously done by the body.
- KNEES: Open toe tips ease the turn of the body and don’t stress the joints; furthermore the central pivot allows a homogeneous distribution of weight throwout the whole swing.
- ANKLES: More or less intense discomforts disappear from the external collateral ligament, thanks to the central pivot, improvement of rhythm and reduced aggressiveness.
Biomechanics is the discipline that applies the mechanical principles to the movements of the human body; this knowledge allow us to monitor and improve the swing in its technical and healthy aspects.
Contrary to what a novice golf player thinks, STRENGTH is not the most important factor of the swing, but yes, it’s the most harmful.
- BACK 27%
- ELBOW 26%
- WRIST 16%
- SHOULDER 9%
- KNEE/HIP 7%
- ANCKLE 3%